Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Meet Jack!

Dusty Doodles reporting here!

Sorry it's been a while since I posted. Doodles been busy making friends!

This is Jack. He's Doodles' new friend. Isn'the an interesting looking dog?? He says he's a rabbitdog and I can call him Jack. Doodles has seen some of his relatives, but I've never met them before a couple of days ago.

See, a couple of days ago, Jack walked right up to my pen and Doodles watched him closely. The next day, Jack came back and came right up to the fence again. Doodles just knew he wanted to be friends. So I went up to the fence real slow like, I didn't want to scare him away or anything. Slowly Doodles sniffed him and he sniffed Doodles back. Doodles woo'd at him and he JUMPED! But Jack didn't run off or anything!

Since then, Jack has been coming to visit almost every night. He comes right up to the fence and we say hello and then he JUMPS up and down my fence line and Doodles tries to chase him. Jack's really quick though and he can JUMP a long ways. Last night Doodles ran along the fence and Jack chased me. Doodles wishes Da momma or Da dad would let Jack in my pen, but just like the stoopid hoomans they are, they say that it's not wise. Jack and Doodles calls their new game "Jack Tag". Whiskey don't play it with Jack. Doodles thinks Whiskey is afraid of Jack cuz she won't come and sniff him and say hello or anything. Doodles likes his new friend.

In other news...Da momma's hips are still hurting her and as much as Doodles tries to make them all better, it's just not working. She went to the hooman doctor and he gave her some pills. Doodles hopes that makes Da momma all better soon, so she will play chase with me and Whiskey. If those hooman doctor pills don't work, Doodles is gonna tell Da momma she needs to go to Doodles' doctor, Brenda. Doodles knows Dr. Brenda would fix Da momma right up, cuz she's good like that.

Whiskey gots Doodles in trouble the other morning. See, we are not allowed to play husky games in the house and Whiskey keeps forgetting. So she started it and Doodles was trying to tell her to knock it off. Well, Da momma caughts us and yelled at Doodles. I didn't think that was too fair and Doodles yelled back at her. She tolds me not back talk her or Doodles would go to time out. Doodles doesn't like time out cuz that means I have to go to the crate in the sleepy room all by myself. Doodles doesn't like to be by hisself.

We gots another firebug this year. See, firebugs come and start fires. Fires are really scary. This firebug started a fire in the hills behind us. It's not real close to our house yet and Doodles hopes those firehoomans can put it out quick. We live in fire country as Da momma calls it. We have lots of wildfires, sometimes the light rods from the sky start the fires, sometimes peepols start the fires and sometimes Doodles hears the talking box say it's firebugs. The talking box say it's a pretty big fire. Doodles tried last year to find that firebug so I could eats him up, but I couldn't find him. Doodles is gonna start looking again for him. Doodles figures if I eats him, he can't start no fires in my tummy and that would keep our house and neighborhood safe and stuff.

Well Doodles better go and head outside, it's almost time for Jack to come and play!

Doodles Out~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Doodles,
Hope your hooman mom feels better soon. Being in pain is no fun at all. But I'm sure she does appreciate all the extra kisses your giving her to make her feel better.

MJ's doghouse said...

hey doodles...good to see your blog...i have seen some little tiny jacks around..mamma wont let me chase them...she says i might accidentally hurt them...I am a killer pitbull you know...hahahaha...anyhow talk to you later doods....i have to have my afternoon nap

Anonymous said...

doodles that jack looks so funny! he has long ears like me but his stick straight up in the air! mine are all floppy. i'm glad you are making nice friends with him. try and jump like him a see what he thinks! give your mom lots of kisses and no claws for at least a day or two it might make her hip feel better. maybe you can learn to bring things to her like isabella does.

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Doodles,

Hershey is right. You need to give your Mom kisses and no claws until she feels a little better. And you have Jack to play with ... ok, run along the fence with since your mom isn't letting you out. Watch out for the firebugs. We don't want anything to happen to Doodles and Doodles family!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Sam I Am said...

Dusty Doodles ~
"Lumber Jack Rabbit" Hey he's that rabbit the Looney Toons is looking for he's been lost for sometime now ,GOOD job Doodles on finding him.

Lot's of Lick's
Sam

Charlie Kelley-Church said...

We have those kind of rabbits here in New Mexico too! I have not seen one personally but my mom says they are around. We also have stinky kitties and coyote dogs. Hope you have a nice time playing with Jack!

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

WoW - that's a BIG rabbit ! We have rabbits running around in our front yard at the moment - something to do with spring, but I tells ya - if I catch them, they are rabbit stew :-)

Love
Opy

Zeus said...

Hello Doodles! I am so sorry to hear about your human lady pet. I hope she gets well soon! Tell her I send her lots of headbutts and purrs!

As for Jack, he looks rather tasty to me, and I am surprised that you didn't follow your instincts on this one. Or perhaps you are, and your "friendship" is but a ploy for him so that when his guard is down, you can chomp him to pieces! BRILLIANT! I am going to assume it's the latter with you since you seem so very intelligent!

MoonShadow and the RavenFeather Poodles and Pekes said...

Wow! What a bunny! we would love to play with him too! Hope your Human feels better soon! MoonShadow and Chen Po

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

We don't have any rabbitdogs like Jack. Fortunately we don't have any firebugs either. Hope all is well.

IndyPindy said...

Oh, hey, you guys be careful with those fires around you!!!

I like Jack, I bet it would be lots of fun to play with him. It's nice that he visits you every night.

I hope your mom feels better soon so she can play with you more. But not fair that she yelled at you. You should start it so that next time she will yell at Whiskey!

Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

Jack looks like a fun thing to eat!

Zoom (future dog guide.. in training)