Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Fight of the Honey Bee



Dusty Doodles Reporting!!!

Doodles had a battle this week. It was with a honey bee. This is what happened.

Doodles was in the back pen, just minding my own business, eating the olives that had fallen from the trees. Then Doodles saw it!! It was a honey bee that landed on one of my olives!! Bad honey bee, those are my olives!!

So, Doodles picked up the honey bee with my mouth, real easy like and pittooied him out, away from my olives. He seemed to be pretty shocked, because he just stayed there for a minute. But then all of a sudden he decided he was going to get on my olive again. So again, I picked him up with my mouth, really easy like and pittooied him out away from my olives. Well then he decided he wanted to fight for the olive and started buzzing my face. So I caughts him in my mouth and he was buzzing around in there. I decided to teach him a lesson and was just going to let him buzz in my mouth and not let him out for a bit. When all of a sudden he did it!!! He stung my tongue!! OUCH!!! That hurt!!! So Doodles got the last bite, I chomped him up and swallowed him.

Doodles came running in the house, I was pawing at my face and sticking my tongue out real long. Da momma was at workie, so it was up to Da dad to fix me up. Da dad asked what was wrong. Hello, my tongue is swelling and it about touching the floor!! So Da dad gets his glasses and looks at my tongue and finds the stinger part in there. He pulls it out and gets me some ice to chew on. While Doodles is chewing his ice, Da dad calls Da momma and I think she told him to give me medicine, because next thing I know, Da dad is poking pills down my throat. I gots more ice too and even an OTTER POP!!!

The medicine made me a little sleepy, so Doodles had to take a nap.


That's it.

Doodles Out!!

6 comments:

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

You really showed that hoey bee! He won't be bothering you again. We hope all of his honey bee friends saw what happened and stay away from your olives!

Khady Lynn said...

Oh Doodles, that is terrible! But at least you got some ice cubes and an otter pop!! I sure hope you are feeling better!

BTW, I tagged you! Stop over at my blog!

Holly

Kapp pack said...

OWWWEEEE....that had to hurt. Glad your Dad took such good care of you!

-Kelsey Ann

Amici said...

Ouch. Right on the tongue...that couldn't have felt good. We're glad your Dad was home to take care of you (and that your Mom was just a phone call away).

Hopefully you taught the other bees around a lesson and they'll leave your olives alone.

Sasha said...

Ouch, Doodles. Stupid bees, bothering your olives.

Balboa said...

I glad you didn't get very sick from the bee sting, those eveil bees can be really mean.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa