Monday, September 04, 2006

International Lazy Week??

Dusty Doodles reporting from sunny California!

I've not posted because there was simply not enough to post about and now Doodles is finding he has quite a bit to say.

First of all Doodles and all his family, both furred and skinned were sorry to hear on the talking box about the loss of a wonderful conservationist and a great person. We all woo in sorrow for Steve Irwin and his family. May he find many animals that need his attention at the Bridge. Doodles wonders if Opy or Chuckie will be able to go to his funeral?? If so, Doodles hopes they will give him an appropriate farewell in Husky song.

News here in California is slow, although a quailbird did walk into my mouths earlier in the week. Doodles tolds you it would happen and sure enough it did. I was laying out under my veranda and here he comed. When he gots close enough, Doodles just opened my mouths and he walked right in. All Da momma and Da dad found were a few feathers, they are hard to swallow and his feets. Doodles doesn't like quailbird feets. I do have to tell you he was quite yummy in my tummy.

I been thinking, I been doing alots of thinking this week. Doodles been practicing for Meeshka's International Lazy Day and I thinks it should be whole week. One day just isn't long enough to laze around and think of these things. It took me all week to thinks of this.

Doodles hasn't heard from Da sister's little kiddles yet. But Da momma tolds me that they gots my presents and really liked them and they are supposed to be writing back to me. Doodles hopes he gets their letters soon cuz I'm anxious to start helping with their homeworks and stuff.

Well that's all Doodles has to say this time...I'll try to read everyone's blog and catch up with you all, but first I need another nap! Is it Dog Days of Summer yet?? Is that why Doodles is so sleepy??

Doodles Out!!

6 comments:

Charlie Kelley-Church said...

I think it is going into fall mode and getting ready for winter. Winter is kind of your thing isn't it? You need to store up energy for that time. Even here in the southwest, we feel a hint of winter in the mornings. I too have been feeling a bit down but this morning I got to go to a bark park so am just feeling tired. My mom said she lived in the country here in NM and could hear the quail laughing in the morning. I only hear roosters even tho we live in the city. Apparently someone nearby is raising chickens.


C-K-C

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Yes, I'm in favor of an entire week to celebrate being lazy!!!

Sam I Am said...

I love to burrow under the covers and cuddle being lazy with mom.


Lot's of Lick's
Sam

IndyPindy said...

YUM, tasty birdie treats!

Yes, I am said for Mr. Irwin's family. I woo in sorrow for them too.

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Doodles,

As special friends of Charlie and Opy - and DogsWithBlogs - you are invited to appear in the 2007 DogsWithBlogs calender. Please go here - http://dogswithblogs.com.au/calender.htm for further details. Hoping you will participate.

Love
Opy

Anonymous said...

Dusty Doodles,
I miss your updates on the happenings in your neighborhood.

Hope all the cattle, bug and critters are well.

Shannon