Monday, September 25, 2006

The Hat's Been Stolen and Other Fun Things


Dusty Doodles reporting here!

Well, the hat Doodles tried so hard to hang on to finally came up. That's right, I frows up. But I buried my hat, except that Whiskey found it and was parading around the yard with it, so Da momma stole it from us. She ruined all the fun. Oh well, at least I kept her on poop detail for a few days. I always have to woowoo to myself when she looks in all my poop with her funny mittens on her paws and stuff. Da momma is so weird.

In other news, Doodles caught a gopher today. See I saw him poke his head out of his hole in my pen and so I waited and waited and waited and waited and when he did it again, I grabbed him and asked him if he wanted to play. I don't think he did, cuz he died. I didn't mean to kill him, honest!! Doodles just didn't know he was so fragile. Da dad came and got him -- he saw me still trying to play with him by throwing him in the air and stuff. So Da dad took him away for his funeral. I didn't get to go and I'm thinking he is buring behind the house some wheres.

Last night my friend, Yipper came looking for me, but I was doing the sleepy in the house. I knew he was out there cuz I could hear him, and I kept waking up Da momma to let me out, but she kept telling me to go to sleepy. Da dad finally gots up and let me out and I pretended I had to pee -- but really I was looking for Yipper. When I woo'd to him, Da dad made me come in the house again. Da momma and Da dad said I kept them awake all night -- well if they would've let me out to play with Yipper, they could've slept. Da momma told Da dad that Yipper (she calls him a coyote) was in the field next to our house when she went to work. They think he's coming in too close and are gonna talk to some Fishmanhooman about what to do. Doodles doesn't understand what the Fishmanhooman knows about Yipper, but I hope he doesn't do anything bad to my friend. I know Da momma would never hurt him, cuz she loves all the critters and especially those that are my friends, but I just don't know about this Fishmanhooman person.

Oh! I heard a rumor and I don't believe it at all. Da dad took my friend, Omani to Dr. Brenda. He wasn't sick or nothing, he just needed his toes cut and Da dad and Da momma are afraid to do that, cuz my friend, Omani doesn't like his feets touched. So he went to Dr. Brenda. Da dad told Da momma that my friend, Omani screamed like a girl when Stacy cut his toes. You know, I don't like my toes cut either -- but it doesn't hurt -- so I really don't think my friend, Omani screamed like a girl. I asked him and he wouldn't tell me.

Da momma is doing that lots of that workie thing again. Something about harvest and rice. I know she works where there is rice, cuz I always smell it on her and it smells pretty good. I don't know what harvest is, but she says that if they don't get the rice in before the rain, then Doodles won't have no rice for his chicken. That would be bad. So I guess if Da momma has to workie lots to get the rice for my chicken it would be okay, but I don't like it much, cuz when she's not here, the compooter room door is shut and I can't get in here to do my blog stuff. In my next life, I'm gonna ask doG for opposable thumbs.

I almost forgot! Yesterday Whiskey and I were trying to dress up for Halloweenie cuz we heard it was coming. We rolled in the sticky stuff that the tree gives off and then rolled in the dirt and grass. We figured we could go treating as tumbleweeds. Da momma wrecked that idea too. When she saw us, she gave us BATHS! AND it was baths with horrible smelling soapy stuff. It was awful. Just awful. I don't know what to do with that Da momma. Steals my hat, steals my gopher, denies me my friends and then gives me a bath. I have to plan something downright evil.

Doodles Out!

9 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I still think that your da momma wanted the hat for herself and that's why she was so concerned about it!

Humans have the stupidest rules!

Macie-Malechai said...

Poor Doodles! We thought that sounded like a great costume! Sure hope that man doesn't do anything bad to your friend!

IndyPindy said...

Wow, lots of excitement! Sorry you threw up the hat, and then had it stolen by Whiskey and THEN by the Momma! When I was sick my mom used to inspect my poo too - humans are so wierd! I never go inpspect their poo!

Too bad about the Halloween costume - tumbleweeds are a very original idea!

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Doodles,

So much excitement! That's funny that your da Momma was looking through your poo and you never put the hat there. Too bad you didn't get to keep it. We hope Yipper is ok. He probably just wants to get a good look at such a smart doggie!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Jay said...

Doodles, you sounded like you were having fun! Pity your mum did not like the Halloween costume though. Maybe you could try again?

JustMeCopper said...

I hate it when my Mom dresses me up for Halloween!

The Army of Four said...

Our mom goes through our poopers, too. She liked mine when I had all the blue chunks of golf ball guts in it. Or at least she spent a lot of time with it!
Zim spent the first awful year and a half of his life (before we adopted him) chained to a tree - the coyotes sang to him. When he sings now, he sings JUST like them. It freaks some people out... ha roo roo roo! He's studying and immitating Stormy's voice now - he can even fool dad!
We love it when the coyotes come sing to us now!
Love,
Amber

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Poor Doodles - you are having a rough time of it lately ! Glad the hat came up though - but you should have been allowed to keep it :-)

Love
Opy

D'Azul Siberian said...

You should have kept the hat Doodles, thats what Silver does when she eats things. Our mom uses a Drem-O to do our toes and it doesn't hurt, just buzzies a little bit.