Sunday, December 03, 2006

Da dad Update and More!

Dusty Doodles Reporting from sunny and cold Calliforna!

Da dad is getting better! Slowly. Too slowly for Doodles. I tried last night to get him to play bitey with me and he said no, then I tried to get him to wrestle with me and Da momma yelled at me! Doodles was just trying to make Da dad feel betters. I heard Da momma tell him to make our soup today -- I sure hope he does it, cuz no one like Da momma's soups.

Outside of trying to play with Da dad, I been giving him lots and lots of kisses and sitting as close to him as he will let me. See he has a big boo-boo on his chest and it really looks like it hurts a lot, so he doesn't let me get on his lap or anything -- but I been trying. Da momma tolds me that I have to be gentle, so I been gentle. How long til I get my real Da dad back??

In other news, SadieMae came to visit, but I didn't gets to play with her. Da momma said her and Da sister were too busy taking care of Da dad to watch us. So SadieMae gots to stay in the back pen and in the house and Doodles had to stay outside. It was okay, cuz Da dad and Da momma and Da sister comed to visit me and stuff.

We gots turkey on Turkey Days. It was yummy. Then Da momma made us a soup with the turkey -- it was alright. Da dad makes it better.

SadieMae and Da sister left and then we gots to come in the house. That was good, cuz I needed to be with Da dad and give him kisses and stuff.

It's been pretty cool here at night. Down into the 20's even. Doodles likes it and thinks it's just right for moon bathing. Da momma gots all worried about how cold it was at night and got us new fluffs for our houses. I kicked it outta my outside house, it makes it too hot in there for Doodles.

Well that's it for now, maybe more later. I'm gonna try to go visit some blogs this afternoon, but we'll see if Da momma steal the computer back!!

Doodles Out!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Doodles! So glad Da dad is getting better! Even if it is slowly! Keep giving him lots and lots of kisses and remember to be gentle, even though it's hard not to want to play!

hollybollyboo

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

If you think it will help your da dad, I'll send some of my precious snow!

MaPaw said...

I am glad Da Dad is getting better. Give him gentle licks for me.
-Magnum

Anonymous said...

Hey Doodles,
Good to know that DaDad is getting better. Slow and steady wins the race!

Best wishes for his complete recovery.
Shannon

Anonymous said...

You are a good caretaker Doodles!

Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Hi D-D,

Im so glad Da Dadda is getting better. We were quiet worried there for a while!

Hope you are taking good care of him!

Chuckles

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Doodles,

You must be taking such good care of Da Dadda if he is getting better ! Good job - you deserve cookies as a reward :-)

Love
Opy

Anonymous said...

Doodles kisses will get da Dad all better soon. We give our mom dachsie kisses when she doesn't feel good and soon she is all healthy again. We agree with Opy that you deserve a cookie.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

IndyPindy said...

I'm glad your dad is getting better, even though it seems slow. Big boo boos take longer to heal. I'm sure your dad just knows how much you love him.

What kind of soup do your humans make for you? Sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

dear doodles,
hope your da dad keeps getting better and better and more better!
i think wet licks will help some. try to be patient with him, humans sometimes take longer to bounce back than us dogkind, but it will happen!

Anonymous said...

Doodles, I'm feeling your pain with an ill hume. My mom just had a surgery too (information on our blog) and she's recovering slowly too. Really stinks huh.

Soon though, they'll both be better and we'll be back to playing and wrestling and all the fun stuff we loved before the operations.

Keep your chin up! That's what I'm a doin.

Also, sorry to hear the soup is bad. I can send some chicken and carrots if you like?
Kel

Anonymous said...

You've been Christmas tagged. Check out my blog to read the instructions.