Sunday, October 22, 2006

Pumpkin Time!


Dusty Doodles Reporting!

We gots our pumpkins yesterday. Doodles didn't think we'd get pumpkins this year, cuz Da momma said she couldn't find any our size. So yesterday she gots on the phone and called and called and then went bye-bye in the car and when she came home she had our PUMPKINS!

Here I am enjoying the first bites on my pumpkin.

Here is Whiskey getting her first EVER pumpkin. Notice I was really chomping on my pumpkin. First you have to eats off the stem part and then you can gets to the good parts.



And here we both are, enjoying our pumpkins.
Doodles loves his pumpkins!

In other news, lets see. I saw Meeshka was talking about re-training her hooman lady. That happens every day here. Seems Da momma is always forgetting when it's time for Doodles to have his cookies. So I have to remind her, lots and lots and sometimes even resort to the claw and the bitie thing.
Da momma says we are having an India summer. I don't know what that is, but it hasn't been very cool during the days, only at night, and Doodles doesn't like that. I thought fall was here and winter was soon to follow and then all of a sudden it's down right hot during the days again. Not any fair I say, and Opy and Charlie need to keep the summers down under with them.
We had a visitor last night, but I'm not sure if it was Yipper or who, cuz I was busy doing the sleepy in the house. Pumpkins wore me out and we gots to sleep in the house last night. Yipper will have to come back tonight, so we can visits. We gots us a bandit too. Least he looks like a bandit. He has a little mask right around his eyes, but it's not a husky kinda mask, it's a bandit kinda mask. He's been trying to get into our outside goodie can, but Da dad put rubber things on it and he can't get in. He chitters at us, but I don't speak bandit too good, so I don't know what he's saying. I hope he keeps coming back though, cuz I'd like to learn his chittering and then we could talk and stuff. Da momma says he can be mean, but he doesn't look too mean to Doodles.
Da momma has still been doing too much of that workie thing. She tolds me that she will go back to her normal workie hours in a couple more weeks. By then it better be winter or something.
Here is one last picture of Doodles, after I had enjoyed my pumpkin -- well I still have some left.

Better go and finish my pumpkin.
Doodles Out!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dusty Doodles,
Aren't you and Whiskey lucky huskies.

Woo to pumpkins.

Shannon

JustMeCopper said...

Wow, you ATE the pumpkins?? I have two on my porch but I never though about EATING them! Shazam, the things you Huskies do!

MJ's doghouse said...

wow doodles...i never had a pumpkin to eat...i wonder if i will like them...mommy might take me to a pumpkin patch so i can pick out one for her....I really wish we could get snow here too...where i came from it has been snowing for two weeks already...so sad ..we just get sun and rain.

IndyPindy said...

Pumpkin is delicious! I get canned pumpkin every day with each meal. My mom mixes some vitamins into my canned pupmkin. I love it. I always eat the pumpkin first.

Shmoo said...

Of course, being from an abusive home, our humans never gave us pumpkins to play with and eat. I would imagine that Sam would just pee on his. He pees on everything. Loki would be angry because I'd take his pumpkin (because everything is mine) and then fur would fly. Ok, so maybe the humans have a good reason for not giving us pumpkins.

Meeshka

Macie-Malechai said...

Mmmmmm, those punkins sure look good, we don't know what they are but if you guys like them, we're sure we would to. Better go demand some now. Face Licks, Macie & Malechai

Kelsey and Smokey said...

Oh my goodness! I wanna eat a punkin. I wonder if I can get my humom to get me one!

She gives us the 100% natural punkin in a can with our dog food, chicken, and veggies that she cooks for us, but a real whole punkin? That's the stuff dreams is made of!

WOoooOWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

I SO wish we had Halloweenie out here :-( All this pumpkin talk is making me very hungry !

Love
Opy

Khady Lynn said...

Hey Doodles, Holly here. My mom has never tried giving us actual pumpkins, but she does make a mean pumpkin/yogurt frozen treat. Check out our blog for the recipe, then you can have pumpkin all the time like we do!

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

I got ahold of a few pumpkin seeds the other day. Delicious! It was truly a blessing from Allah.

Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Hi Doodles,

Cool pumpkin chomping skills you got there!

Happy Howloween!

Chuck

Poseidon said...

Oh Doodles, that pumpkin looks like so much fun! I've never had a pumpkin, and I don't know what I'd do with it if I got one, but your blog was a great lesson for me!

sarah said...

wow, doodles! i tried to eat the pumpking when i was 1 years old, but it didn't work so well....

sarah said...

p.s. that was from me, Shiro

Kelsey and Smokey said...

Dusty Doodles, you have the bestest ideas! I talked my human into getting us punkins too. Come see the fun we had with them at our blog. We posted some pictures!

Thanks for the great idea and the fun!

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Where you at Doodles ? We miss you :-(

Love
Opy

Charlie Kelley-Church said...

Doodles- are you OK? are your folks OK? We haven't heard from you in ever so long. Hope everything is alright and it's just your mom doing workie too much.

C-K-C

Anonymous said...

I never got a pumpkin before! That is cool!