Saturday, October 14, 2006

Breaking Weather -- It's Cooler Out there!

Dusty Doodles reporting!

Hey everyhusky, it's almost winter!! Doodles can tell this because it's cooler outside and I am not panting like a panting bear or something. Of course we don't get that snow stuff, only rain and mud, but I can smell the rain on the horizon!! Doodles is very happy! Da dad should be packing up our swimming pools any days now and we should be getting in our straw!

Yes, we gets straw for our pens and our outside houses. Doodles loves it when the straw comes. It comes in big bales and I gets to help Da momma and Da dad distribute it around my pen and in my house. The hoomans say that the straws keeps all the mud from coming into their house, and I guess it does, but it's way fun to play in and hide things in and it smells so good, I just have to rub my whole body in it!! I can't wait for the straws to come!!

In other news, Da sister went home, but not before she gave me more sammich. This sammich wasn't pig butt, it was cowdog butt. I hoped it wasn't one of my cowdog friends that are missing. Da momma says they went north for the winter, but I think she's lying, because I watch the birds and stuff and everything goes south for the winter.

We had a near flood in the hooman house and I didn't do it!! See in the kitchen they have this bucket where the faucet is and it drains out somewheres -- I don't know where that water goes -- anyway, one day Da dad was washing the dishes in the kitchen bucket (I know, I could've washed them, but they won't let me) and the bucket overflowed. Da dad said a lot of bad words about clog and stopped up and stuff. So he took everything out of that cupboard under the hooman bucket and I gots to help him fix where the water goes. I tried to hold the portable light thing, but he thought I was stealing it and took it away. I was just trying to help. Then I thought I would hand him his toys -- except he calls them tools, but again, he thought I was stealing them. He made me go outside and locked me and Whiskey out there, so we wouldn't continue helping him. He said he didn't need our kind of help. I wonder who helped him then??
Anyway Da dad finally got the water to go wherever it goes and Da momma was much happier.

Whiskey got her first gopher. He died when she tried to play with him. I tried to tell her that you have to be gentle or they die too quick, but she didn't listen. She then laid him out for Da momma to find -- again, I told her bad idea, because Da momma would take it away for the funeral and we wouldn't get to go. Sure enough, Da momma and Da dad took the gopher and had the funeral without us.

Well better run -- now that we can run, cuz it's not a million degrees out there!!

Doodles out!

8 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Humans are so stupid not to realize how good husky help can be!

The Army of Four said...

Oooh, I love watching bipeds work!
Play bows,
Zim

Shmoo said...

I hate when you try to help and they yell at you or tell you to go away. There are many times when the humans are putting things together or trying to fix things and they lock us out of the room because we're so helpful.

I typically supervise and inspect things, but for some reason the humans get all bent out of shape when I try to taste things like screws, nails, and instruction manuals.

Meeshka

Charlie Kelley-Church said...

I get straw in the winter too! Dad's planning on getting it in a couple of weeks. It has been very cool here and rainy. I tried to help dad get my kitty sister Nerise out of being strung up by the cords from our computers in the office and dad said I was just making things worse. Chucked me out of the office. He got Nerise free and she was banned from the office.

JustMeCopper said...

Wow, straw? I have pine straw, does that count?

Sadie Mae said...

Dusty!

Did you read Opy's blog? You are on her calendar. I think it's December or something.

You better tell you Momma to send my Momma one!

-Sadie Mae Dog

D'Azul Siberian said...

Catchin' things is great. We call that pillagin' Doodles. Just the other night I, Maverick the Pirate, pillaged a deer mouse. Our straw be coming soon too.

sarah said...

Akira caught a gopher once, but i've only got moles and toads...

--Shiro